“Johnson’s family members may be eligible to write off the cost of those planes. Howard Air owns a total of three single-pilot, business jets.”
*** IN CASE YOU MISSED IT ***
A new report from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel today revealed that Ron Johnson’s family “may be eligible to write off the cost” of private planes they purchased as a result of a provision in the 2017 tax bill that Johnson pushed through and cast the deciding vote to pass. See for yourself:
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel: Ron Johnson comes under criticism from Democrats over purchase of private plane by his adult children.
By Dan Bice
October 13, 2022
- Republican U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson has come under plenty of criticism for voting for then-President Donald Trump’s 2017 tax plan.
- Democrats are going after Johnson for a provision in the Trump tax plan that allows those buying private jets to write off the full amount of their new plane’s cost on their tax return. Democratic Lt. Gov. Mandela Barnes is running against Johnson in November.
- This summer, Howard Air LLC, an Oshkosh firm owned by Johnson’s adult children, purchased a Pilatus PC-24, which is valued at $12 million.
- Johnson’s son Ben and Johnson’s wife Jane are listed as managers of the company in corporate records.
- Under the Trump tax plan, Johnson’s family members may be eligible to write off the cost of those planes. Howard Air owns a total of three single-pilot, business jets.
# # #