Multimillion dollar, eight-figure investment will fund ground game operation aimed at knocking more than 4 million doors for the runoff alone
Today, Majority Forward is announcing its partnership with the America Votes (AV) coalition—a group of more than 400 national and state organizations—to make an eight-figure investment, north of $11 million dollars, in a field organizing and mobilization program aimed at knocking more than four million doors ahead of the Georgia Senate runoff election alone. Details of the investment were first reported by the Washington Post.
Majority Forward’s investment will help fund the America Votes Georgia coalition’s direct voter contact and paid media program to get out the vote (GOTV) across the state.
The runoff program will build on and expand the AV coalition’s robust field effort that has been on the ground mobilizing Georgians since the summer for the general election.
Ahead of Election Day on November 8, America Votes partners knocked on 26 million doors and made over 49 million phone calls for the general election. Since Election Day on November 8, the AV coalition has already knocked 2.8 million doors for the runoff alone and made 1 million calls.
The coalition’s field, mobilization, and paid media efforts include organizing, radio, direct mail, and digital advertising programs to reach voters on the doors, phones, airwaves, and online to highlight the importance of participating in the runoff election and to help Georgians make their plans to vote.
The America Votes Georgia coalition of nearly 50 national and state partner organizations includes the New Georgia Project Action Fund, Black Progressive Action Coalition, Mijente, Asian American Action Fund (AAAF), League of Conservation Voters, and more.
“Amid the surge in attempts to make it harder for Georgians to vote, this organizing program has been working day in and day out to engage voters and give them the tools they need to make their voices heard,” said JB Poersch, President of Majority Forward. “We’re deeply proud to continue our partnership with the America Votes coalition and double down on our investment in an unmatched ground game that is fighting for every vote ahead of the runoff.”
“This runoff election is about defending democracy and protecting our fundamental rights,” America Votes President Greg Speed said. “We have a few short weeks to educate, activate, and excite Georgians about this runoff, and our team on the ground is already sprinting. We are encouraged by the strong enthusiasm and turnout we saw in the November election and will use that momentum to propel us to victory in December.”
“America Votes works year-round with the New Georgia Project Action Fund, Black Progressive Action Coalition, and dozens of other progressive issue partners to educate and engage a multi-racial coalition of voters, especially young people and voters of color,” said Leslie Small, America Votes Georgia State Director. “As a result, we saw unprecedented midterm turnout on November 8th, and now we’re doubling down on this success, knocking 4 million doors during the runoff to ensure voters are engaged and have the information they need to make their voices heard.”
FOR BACKGROUND PURPOSES:
- America Votes is the central coordination hub of the progressive community both nationally and in more than 20 states across the country, working with more than 400 state and national partner organizations to advance progressive policies, win elections and protect every Americans’ right to vote.
- In 2022, America Votes partners knocked more than 26 million doors, yielding nearly 5 million conversations about the importance of voting in 2022.
- The GOTV program for the runoff builds on the America Votes Georgia coalition’s efforts in 2020 and 2021, which knocked on over 10 million doors, made over 23 million phone calls, and sent over 22 million text messages to help voters cast their ballots.
- The America Votes Georgia coalition built the infrastructure for a robust organizing program early in 2020 — laying the groundwork for success in the 2021 runoffs.
- The AV Coalition in Georgia is comprised of nearly 50 partners, with the largest programs being led by:
- Black Progressive Action Coalition, an independent, Black-led organization that uses the power of year-round political engagement and elections to change our economic, justice, and political systems.
- New Georgia Project Action Fund, a nonpartisan effort to register, civically engage, and build power with the New Georgia Majority – the large and growing population of Black, Brown, young, and other historically marginalized voters in the Peach State.
# # #
About Majority Forward: Majority Forward is a not-for-profit 501(c)(4) organization created to support voter registration and voter turnout efforts. Our primary mission is to encourage full participation by voters in our election process. In our political work, Majority Forward works with an affiliated super PAC, Senate Majority PAC, to elect candidates whose policies represent the goals of the majority of Americans who want to move our country forward.
About America Votes: America Votes is the central coordination hub of the progressive community both nationally and in more than 20 states across the country, working with more than 400 state and national partner organizations to advance progressive policies, win elections and protect every American’s right to vote. Visit www.americavotes.org for more information.