News & Video
New Ad Highlights Ted Budd’s Dangerous Anti-Abortion Record
Washington, D.C. – Today, Duty and Honor, a group affiliated with Senate Majority PAC (SMP), is launching a new ad campaign highlighting Republican Senate candidate Ted Budd’s record on reproductive rights, as first reported by POLITICO. The ad comes amid the recent reinstatement of North Carolina’s 20-week abortion ban earlier this month following the overturning of Roe v. Wade.
The new spot, titled “Taken Away,” will reach voters in the Charlotte marketing beginning Friday backed by a $750,000 buy.
“Ted Budd has repeatedly shown North Carolinians that he’s willing to go as far as it takes to gut abortion rights and turn back the clock to when women lacked the fundamental freedom to make their own health care choices—putting countless North Carolinians at risk,” said Veronica Yoo, spokesperson for Duty & Honor and Senate Majority PAC. “We’re making sure voters continue seeing and hearing the truth about Ted Budd’s dangerous agenda to take away their personal freedoms because the more they learn, the more they realize his current position is too extreme for North Carolina.”
Watch the ad HERE and read the transcript below.
Here’s What You Need to Know About Ted Budd’s Record:
- Budd praised the overturning of Roe, calling it a “historic victory.”
- Budd co-sponsored federal “personhood” bills in Congress, which would ban and criminalize abortion nationwide.
- Budd supported legislation to impose a federal ban on abortion
- Budd sponsored the Life at Conception Act of 2019, which “would effectively ban abortion with no exception for rape, incest, or to save the life of the pregnant person.”
- Budd opposes abortion exceptions for rape, incest, and if the mother’s life is in danger.
“Taken Away” Ad Transcript:
“The Supreme Court has ruled…
And taken away a woman’s constitutional right to an abortion.
Ted Budd called it ‘a historic victory.’
Budd even cosponsored bills that would outlaw abortion nationwide…
With no exceptions for rape or incest.
And Budd supported legislation that would criminalize abortion…
Which could put North Carolina doctors in jail.
It’s extreme and dangerous.
So call Ted Budd and tell him: enough — support the Women’s Health Protection Act.”
# # #